Monday, April 11, 2005

The Ides of March.......a couple of weeks late

Today I almost lost it. A series of unfortunate events came together in cumulative damnation, sending my plans of celebrating Songkran in the company of Urmi, Ileana and Daniel awry. For a few painful moments I was miserable, and wanted to be anywhere but here, but I managed to nap through my troubles, and when I woke up, they didn't seem to be so overwhelming (and really, these were a bunch of petty incidents that just looked daunting in toto). And then Ileana stopped by with a box of delicious sticky rice from the Wat Thai, and we talked and I felt so much better. I saw her after almost two months, and it felt good to connect again.

And now I feel like a lame-o for having been such a weakling and missing a wonderful outing with some great people. Really, I should not allow trivial things to affect me so much. Anyway, the pleasant fallout from the morning's fiasco was that I spent some time reading up Romilla Thapar's Early India, which promises to be really interesting. I love her writing, because of the clear and lucid style she adopts in explaining some rather complex debates in ancient historiography. And I've always been fascinated by ancient Indian history.

5 Comments:

Blogger Urmea said...

Hmm we missed you! I hope you are feeling better now... Lets go to the Getty next weekend - will that cheer you up?

1:42 PM  
Blogger Gamesmaster G9 said...

Celebrating Songkran? Were you planning to empty buckets of water on each other's heads?

7:12 AM  
Blogger thalassa_mikra said...

Dudher shaad ghole metaano! No Holi or Dol for us, so Songkran would have done just fine. But I think food was the point of the trip. Had heard great things about the Som Tum at the Wat, and it seems Urmi got to taste some. Kintu boddo jhaal!

2:23 PM  
Anonymous Frederick Conwell said...

Impressesed.

10:05 AM  
Blogger aa said...

As I write this post—longhandOffice 2010in a spiral notebook—I’m 20,000 feet above eastern Washington, having Microsoft Office 2010just crossed above the Cascades on my return flight Microsoft wordto Chicago. I visited Seattle for the weekend to Office 2007and I have known each other for 20 years now. They Microsoft Officehad a lovely ceremony, and the trip in general was fantastic.Microsoft Office 2007In the 13 years since I left Seattle, I’ve Office 2007 keyvisited six or seven times, and I always return to wherever has Office 2007 downloadOffice 2007 Professionalbecome home with mixed feelings about the place. It Outlook 2010both alarms and pleases me to see howMicrosoft outlookthat once-familiar areas seem almost foreign. ForMicrosoft outlook 2010neighborhoods have changed, to the point Windows 7 as have cookie-cutter, here-today-and-gone-tomorrow nightclubs that cater to the shiny shirt crowd.

11:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home