Monday, November 07, 2005

The Seven Tag

I need to respond to this tag by Anthony before I completely forget what I intended to write (though I am making these lists up as I write as well).

Seven things I plan to do

1. Get a job, preferably one that pays me tons of money to do what I love (dream on :))

2. Resume Greek lessons and take Persian lessons as well.

3. Take sewing classes and learn to sew a goddamn dress.

4. Start a business in rural Bengal

5. Travel to all the places I want to, which means - all the Greek islands (haven't been to the Ionian side), all the countries around the Caspian Sea, all of South-east Asia, along the Himalayan range....

6. Spend a couple of months in Napoli as an apprentice in Don Ciambrone's kitchen.

7. Grow my own vegetables and make my own wine.

All these, not to accomplished in the order listed.

Seven things I can't do

1. Learn a martial art (tried and failed)

2. Appreciate the nuances of rock (Queen and Freddie Mercury is as far as I go)

3. Stop eating potato chips

4. Boil an egg perfectly (yes, I can make the most complicated of dishes and yet can't boil an egg!)

5. Become a wine snob (or any kind of food and alcohol snob, talk of foie gras and single malts bore me to tears)

6. Live in the top floor of an apartment building (I have a slight vertigo, I get dizzy)

7. Live for extended periods in a cold climate (I'd be a sun-chaser forever)

Seven things I say most often

1. Fabulous

2. Fuck (as in, that's fucking hilarious)

3. Hilarious

4. Aur nahin to kya (Farid haul me up on that, I don't know where I picked up that expression)

5. Shotti (C'mon, show me a Bong woman who doesn't say this on a regular basis)

6. Chi sho pa' (been saying this lately, it's an inside joke for me and Em, means "what's up" in Farsi)

7. Agapi mou

Oh dear! Those I could tag, have already been tagged, and some seem to be evading the tag as best as they can. So let's see, Urmi, K, and Essar, PS and AB?

11 Comments:

Anonymous Varun said...

JhQuest's email address:

nospam:me@jhquest.com (remove the 'nospam:' bit)

From: http://www.thoughtfulchaos.com/varun/blog/2005/10/27/blog-for-sale#comment-195

Have a nice day.

11:34 PM  
Blogger thalassa_mikra said...

Thanks Varun.

11:56 PM  
Anonymous Sanity Starved said...

Please refer me when you get to Napoli. 1 meal a day and some corner for my sleeping bag will suffice.

I love that one!

3:04 AM  
Blogger PS said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:38 AM  
Blogger PS said...

I've become somewhat of a Greece fan myself, thanks to Odysseya, a wonderful Greek restaurant that opened just recently in Delhi. The food is amazing, I've almost started fantasizing...
and ya, thanks for tagging :)

4:40 AM  
Blogger anthony said...

Shipping and Greece. hmmm, Greece ain't very far away huh!

5:43 AM  
Blogger thalassa_mikra said...

Pidus, I'll keep you posted on my Napoli plans. But if you ever decide to take a vacation there and need a place to stay do let me know. I'll give you the address to Don Ciambrone's bed and breakfast.

PS, I didn't know about this restaurant. Is it really very good? I should check it out once I land in Delhi. I make a lot of Greek food at home as well (recipes courtesy my boyfriend's parents).

Anthony, it isn't and it's beautiful! Perhaps you'd like to take short term employment in a Greece bound merchant ship?

12:24 PM  
Anonymous Sanity Starved said...

I shall definitely keep that in mind! Thank you!

1:51 PM  
Blogger PS said...

Yup, it's in Delhi...so do visit it when you are here...

8:23 AM  
Blogger The Marauder's Map said...

Must notify you about noteworthy coincidence: under 'seven things I can't do', the M Map writes:

"3. Understand what makes rock music so special"

Come, join the sisterhood of rock music haters.

4:58 AM  
Blogger thalassa_mikra said...

Yay, finally the haters find each other! Sniff, sniff, the powers of the web.

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home